Watch Channel 4 Outside The UK
Channel 4 is a great British channel that allows you to watch different shows such as the Great British Bake Off, Malcolm in the Middle, or Scrubs. There is a lot to choose from but sadly, you can only enjoy the channel in the UK. You can however bypass this restriction and have access to channel 4 wherever you are in the world if you have a trick up your sleeve; a VPN. with channel 4 VPN, you will appear to be trying to access the platform from the UK even if you are in the US or anywhere else.
Table of Content
Have you ever wondered why the error message keeps popping up each time you try to access Channel 4, saying it’s not available in your location? How can you get Channel 4 VPN, and how can you get access to all the contents on the platform? Read on to find these out and more.
Simple Steps On How to Watch Channel 4 In The US
- Use a VPN that has high speed and premium servers in the UK. Highly recommended is LimeVPN.
- Connect to a UK server and change your device’s time zone
- Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Sign up to Channel 4 using a valid UK postal code
- Disable all ad blockers
Why Channel 4 Is Unavailable Outside The UK
Just as with many other platforms, Channel 4 is unavailable outside the UK because of TV licensing deals. Copyright laws are different in different locations, and so for streaming services to be available in a location, they would have to strike a deal with the authority. Most streaming services are also under such rules and restrictions and that’s why Netflix, for example, is different in different locations.
Based on this, you now understand that Channel 4 would need to have a licensing deal with any country in which it wants to operate, but that’s not the case. Channel 4 has no such deal with any country, and so to access their content you will have to be in the UK or use a Channel 4 VPN from your location.
Moving to the UK just to get access to shows is not a logical step, and so we would guide you on the more logical step to take; connecting to a VPN.
Intereseting Read : This App Has Been Blocked for Your Protection – What Does It Mean?
Necessary Steps to Watch Channel 4
In most cases, connecting to a UK server of a good VPN will give you full access to Channel 4, but this is not always the case and some users don’t get it done so easily. Not all VPNs work for Channel 4, and some additional steps need to be taken to grant you access.
1. Use A VPN That Has Servers in The UK
An example of such is LimeVPN. To begin, visit their website and choose a plan. Subscribe and then download the app. Search for and connect to any UK server after which you go to channel 4 website. Once there, create an account.
Signing up for this service is easy and similar to any other service. The necessary information for registration is your email address and name and except you want to upgrade to the ad-free version, there won’t be any need to provide your card details.
While the above steps may be successful for some users, others may not be this lucky and will require to go the extra mile.
2. Clear Browser Cache
Your browsing activity isn’t automatically deleted after you connect to a VPN, and so a site that was unavailable to you before connecting to a VPN may still be unavailable to you even after you have connected to a VPN.
Cookies are one of the ways websites remember you for a better user experience as well for targeted ads. As useful as they are, they can be a nuisance when you want to access geo-blocked websites using a VPN. That’s why clearing them is very important before connecting to a VPN so that the sites won’t remember you.
You can prevent sites from collecting cookies by browsing with incognito mode or private browsing mode.
3. Change Your Device Location and Time Zone
Many online streaming platforms only use IP blocks to prevent you from having access to their sites for those connecting from a country where they are unavailable. This is not the case with Channel 4 as they use geo-blocking software to detect your location and block you accordingly.
Changing your time zone and location settings are one way to try to convince the software you are in the UK.
- Go to your device settings
- Change your location settings to the United Kingdom
- Change your device time zone too to London. It’s GMT +0 in the winter and GMT +1 with Daylight Saving Time
- Restart your device to make sure the setting has been applied
4. Sign Up Using A UK Address and Valid Postal Code
You may not always need to provide a postal code, but in case you are asked to provide one, choose a valid code. You can get one easily by searching google.
5. Disable Ad Blockers
If you are using the free version, you will have to endure a lot of ads. The presence of ad blockers will be detected and Channel 4 will let you know as soon as you click on play.
Ads are the way they generate revenue to keep the platform free for you, and so they don’t permit any form of ad blocks. So turn off every adblocker you use.
Why LimeVPN Is the Best Channel 4 VPN
There are different VPNs available that promise great service, but here is why you should choose LimeVPN to unblock Channel 4.
- LimeVPN has servers in the UK that are dedicated to you alone. So anyone you choose will provide you with the best performance since you won’t be sharing the IP with any other user.
- Fast connection speed is always associated with limeVPN. Since you will be using the IP address alone, you won’t have to worry about slow connection or lags when streaming your favorite show. LimeVPN provides you with a 1 Gbps connection speed which is fast enough for a great experience.
- One account can be used to log into multiple devices. So you don’t need to have a different account for your laptop and one for your phone, and you don’t have to log out of one before logging into the other. This makes it very convenient for you.
- LimeVPN offers you state of the art protocols which are all up to date. The security protocols you get include OpenVPN, IKEv2, and 6 others to ensure that your data and connection is secure.
- LimeVPN doesn’t track or save your online activities, giving you maximum privacy. This implies that if the government or any third party requests your data, it won’t be available. You also get unlimited bandwidth so you can stream without a slow connection due to large data use.
- You can also use LimeVPN for your other needs of security and privacy. Every data sent through this connection would be encrypted, and their leaks prevention features keep all your data safe from prying eyes.
Interesting Read : What are the Top 10 Websites Only Available in the US
Channel 4 offers you a variety of entertainment that isn’t available to you except you are in the UK. Moving permanently to the UK just so you can enjoy your favorite shows from Channel 4 is like bringing a tank to a chicken fight, but the good news is that there is an easy way; the use of a VPN. While there are many VPNs available, not all of them are good Channel 4 VPNs and so using them won’t provide you with the access you need to the content.
LimeVPN is highly recommended as the best Channel 4 VPN to use no matter where you are connecting from. With their dedicated servers, you can connect to any UK server and enjoy great performance shared with no one else. You can also connect with multiple devices, and the safety of your data won’t be compromised. If just connecting to a VPN doesn’t cut it, there are other tips you can follow, and once done, you will have access to entertaining content.