OpenVPN Windows XP Setup Instructions
How to setup VPN connection with OpenVPN on Windows XP
- Download OpenVPN application and and double click to install
- Click I Agree
- Click Next
- Click Finish once the installation finished
- Download OpenVPN config files and select OpenVPN config files according to your package.
- Unzip OpenVPN configuration and copy to C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config folder
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> OpenVPN -> OpenVPN GUI. Right click to “Run as administrator”. You may receive the following message: OpenVPN GUI is already running.
In the toolbar, you should now see a symbol for OpenVPN. Right click on the symbol, choose server you want to connect and click Connect and enter the username and password
- A successful VPN connection will be shown in the toolbar
- To disconnect, just right click on the OpenVPN symbol select server connected and click Disconnect
So, You’re setting up a VPN connection on Windows XP using OpenVPN
Use this simple as cake setup instruction when configuring your OpenVPN connection for the first time. To be honest, You can use it as a tutorial on how to configure OpenVPN software and establish OpenVPN VPN connection on any Windows XP PC. The only thing you’ll need is OpenVPN config files from your VPN provider. Also, we suggest checking your VPN account activation email for the VPN login/password. OpenVPN is a simple way to setup VPN connection using OpenVPN software which is simple and free. OpenVPN VPN client works on all Windows platforms starting from Windows XP and ending to Windows 8 and 10.
How to create VPN connection on windows XP using OpenVPN?
If you want to know how to create VPN connection on Windows XP with OpenVPN, you will find the answer in the thorough and step – by – step instructions shown above this text. What is important for this OpenVPN Windows XP setup guide is that you should read it very carefully and make sure that you understand each and every step before actually proceeding to the installation itself. The whole process is not easy but it is not difficult either and can be done by anyone who used Windows XP before. If you are having trouble setting up VPN on XP using OpenVPN, you can also contact us and our staff will help you with the procedure.