Setting up VPN on Windows Vista – SSTP VPN Setup tutorial
How to setup SSTP VPN on Windows Vista
- Open the Windows Vista Control Panel
- Open View Network Status and Tasks
- Click on Setup new connection or network
- Click on Connect to a workplace and click Next
- Choose to setup a VPN connection
- In the Internet address, enter any one of the server mentioned under http://network.limevpn.com/
- Type in your LimeVPN login email and Password in their respective fields. Leave Domain blank and click Create
- Click Close
- To get the Connection Ready
Right–click on the LimeVPN connection, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select Security tab
On Type of VPN select Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP VPN), also be sure that under Data encryption is selected Require Encryption (disconnect if server declines) Click OK.
- Select Networking tab
Put the checkmarks as it’s shown on the following picture.
Click OK to save your settings.
- When you want to connect to LimeVPN, just double–click on the connection and click the Connect button. Enter your username and password (if you didn’t save it) and you’ll connect!
How to create SSTP VPN connection in Windows Vista
If you are looking for a way to create SSTP VPN connection on Windows Vista, you will have to consult the thorough step–by–step guide that is located above this text. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions and you will get your Windows Vista SSTP connection setup in minutes. Windows Vista SSTP VPN setup is, in fact, an easy procedure and it will take as much as 10 minutes of your time. Screenshots of SSTP VPN configuration process on Vista is provided so you can easily mold your SSTP connection using them as a template. Basically, you can use this Windows Vista SSTP VPN Setup Tutorial as a reference to configure any SSTP VPN connection from any VPN provider, so feel free to use this guide. However, in that case you’ll need to learn such information from your VPN provider as: VPN servers’ addresses and your VPN account authentication data (Login \ password). This instructions may seem to you complicated at the first sight, although actually they are not. Just get each point done one after another and you’ll be surprised to see how simply it was. We suggest you to try setting up L2TP/IPsec VPN or PPTP VPN for your Windows Vista as well.
How to setup SSTP VPN in Windows Vista?
If you find setting up SSTP VPN in Windows Vista difficult for you, make sure to go through tutorial one more time and try to understand each step as much as you can. You can also ask somebody from our team for the help if you think that it is too difficult for you to set it up. Well, if these Windows Vista SSTP VPN setup instructions doesn’t work for you then you can always contact support and let them help you to configure SSTP VPN connection on your Windows Vista PC. For instance, Lime VPN provides its customers with one-by-one remote setup sessions to guide them through the SSTP VPN configuration process swiftly. Contact us and we will help you.