Setting up VPN on Windows Vista – L2TP VPN Setup Guide
How to setup VPN on Windows Vista – L2TP VPN configuration guide for Vista
- Open the Control Panel
- Open View Network Status and Tasks
- Click on Setup new connection or network
- Click on Connect to a workplace and click Next
- Choose to setup a VPN connection
- In the Internet address enter one of the following names:
- UK1.LIMEVPN.COM for United Kingdom
- SG.LIMEVPN.COM for Singapore
- US1.LIMEVPN.COM for USA
- US2.LIMEVPN.COM for USA
- NL1.LIMEVPN.COM for Netherlands
- AUS1.LIMEVPN.COM for Australia
- Look for more VPN server’s addresses in the Network locations block in the right column on this page =>
Type LimeVPN L2TP in the Destination name. Check Don`t connect now then Next.
- Type in your LimeVPN login email and Password in their respective fields. Leave Domain blank and click Create
- Click Close
- To get the Connection Ready
Right–click on the LimeVPN connection, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Configure for Windows Vista L2TP/IPsec
- On the security tab, Select Advanced (custom settings)
- Change Data encryption to Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
- Check the checkbox Allow these protocols
- Check Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
- Check Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)
- Click OK
- On the Networking tab, change the dropdown box to Automatic
- On the Networking tab, click IPsec Settings and check the Use pre-shared key for authentication and enter LimeVPN shared key limevpn and click OK
- Select your connection and click Connect button
- Type in your LimeVPN Login Email and Password in their respective fields and click Connect
- Successfully connected to your connection
- To Disconnect, Click the name of your VPN connection, then Disconnect
How to create L2TP/IPSec VPN connection on Windows Vista
Simply follow these step-by-step configuration instructions and you’ll get your Windows Vista L2TP setup ready in less then 5 minutes. This L2TP VPN setup tutorial for Windows Vista was specially complemented with screenshots to make L2TP VPN configuration process on Vista an easy thing to do. These instructions may seem to you as a complicated and challenging to do, but it is relatively easy to make these points done one after another. Basically, you can use this Windows Vista L2TP VPN setup guide as a reference to create L2TP VPN connection to any VPN provider. In this case you need to get such your VPN provider’s stuff as: VPN server address, VPN shared key and VPN account’s authentication data (Login \ password). L2TP protocol is an advanced connection type for VPN which is used widely across many platforms, although it is most secure one in can be detected by DPI and connection could be filtered. To hide your VPN connection from DPI and other monitoring activities try using SSTP VPN connection on your Windows Vista.
Setting up L2TP VPN on Windows Vista?
If you are looking for VPN for Windows Vista configuration guide that will help you in this procedure, this is the right page for you. It contains a thorough, step – by – step Windows Vista L2TP/IPsec setup tutorial which will in detail explain everything that you need to know about this. It is a simple procedure but it requires understanding of Vista basics as well as understanding the terminology in the guide. If you still do not know how to create L2TP/IPsec connection on Windows Vista after reading the manual, you should consider contacting someone from our staff to help you out with the procedure. If these instructions doesn’t work for you then please contact support. LimeVPN provides full one-by-one remote support sessions to its customers.