Setting up VPN on Windows 8 – L2TP VPN Setup tutorial
How to setup L2TP VPN on Windows 8 – step-by-step guie
- Click on Network icon at the bottom right side of the Desktop and click on View Connection Settings.
- Click on Add a VPN Connection
- Select VPN Provider as Microsoft and enter connection name (anything you prefer)
- In the Server name or address, enter any one of the servers mentioned under http://network.limevpn.com/
- Enter LimeVPN username and password that you have received in your email after the purchase.
- Right-click on the Network icon and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the LimeVPN L2TP connection, and choose Properties from the menu
- Under the Security tab for Type of VPN select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)
Then click Advanced settings button, enter LimeVPN pre-shared key private and click OK.
- Configure for L2TP/IPsec
- Check Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)
- Click OK
- Click again on the monitor icon on the bottom right-hand corner, find LimeVPN L2TP connection and click Connect.
- Now your system should be connected to the VPN server via L2TP/IPsec protocol.
How to create L2TP VPN connection in Windows 8?
Simply follow this easy-to-use Windows 8 L2TP VPN setup tutorial and get your PC connected to L2TP VPN service in 5 minutes. We made this step-by-step guide so you can easily configure L2TP VPN connection on any Windows 8 system. Basically, you can use it as a tutorial on How to create VPN connection in Windows 8 for any VPN provider. So, just use it as a reference and get these pieces of necessary for L2TP VPN setup information from your VPN provider: VPN servers’ address, VPN shared key and VPN account’s authentication data (Login \ password). In a nutshell, you need to make each point of these guide done one after another and look for a respective screenshot in case you have any doubts. L2TP protocol is a good choice in terms of network security but if you want to use VPN to circumvent restrictions and bypass filters try SSTP VPN configuration for your Windows 8 PC.
How to create L2TP VPN connection on Windows 8
Windows 8 L2TP VPN setup instructions above this text will help you out in this seemingly complex procedure which actually requires just the basic knowledge of Windows 8 OS. If you installed something before, this should not represent a problem for you. To configure L2TP VPN on Windows 8 you need to open Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel and proceed to the next step as shown above.The procedure itself does not take more than 10 minutes of your time. If you are having trouble with this tutorial on how to create VPN L2TP connection in Windows 8, you can feel free to contact someone from our staff and we will be glad to help you out. When this L2TP VPN setup guide doesn’t work for you – contact support. LimeVPN provides its customers one-by-one remote setup sessions, so if you need one just contact us.