Windows 7 OpenVPN Setup Instructions
How to setup VPN on Windows 7 using OpenVPN software
- To download the OpenVPN Windows 7 installer, visit the OpenVPN downloads page
- Click Run to run the installer
- You may encounter a security prompt: “Do you want to run or save this file?” Click Run to run the software.
- You may encounter a User Account Control prompt: “A program needs your permission to continue“. Click Continue.
- The Setup Wizard prompt will appear. Click Next to continue
- The OpenVPN license agreement and terms appear. Click I Agree to continue.
- The component selection dialog appears. Leave all components checked with their default settings and click Next
- Select your destination folder and click Install
Note the Destination Folder location during install (usually C:\Program Files\OpenVPN)
- When the installation is complete, click on Next
- Download and Extract configuration (ZIP):
ZIP: Extract the files into the config folder in the OpenVPN destination folder referenced in step 6. By default, it will be C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config.
- Click Run
- Click Start, then All Programs
- Find OpenVPN GUI, right click on it and select Properties
- Click to Compatibility tab, and check “Run this program as an administrator“. Click OK
- Again click Start , find OpenVPN GUI and open it
How to Connect to VPN using OpenVPN on Windows 7
- In the taskbar tray, right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon, find the site to connect to from the menu, and choose Connect from the site’s submenu
- Enter your LimeVPN Login email and Password when prompted and click OK
- The OpenVPN GUI icon in the tray will turn green once the secure connection is established
How to Disconnect from OpenVPN
- In the taskbar tray, right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon, find the site to connect to from the menu, and choose Disconnect from the site’s submenu
- The OpenVPN GUI icon in the tray will turn red once the disconnection is complete
So, you’re setting up VPN on Windows 7 using OpenVPN software
In order to make yourself a reliable VPN connection for your Windows 7 PC you can use these instructions. Simply download and install OpenVPN software then download OpenVPN configuration files from your VPN provider and copy them into OpenVPN\config folder and you are good to go. Only one thing left, get your VPN account authentication data ready because you’ll need to enter it when OpenVPN is launched for the first time. That’s all, once your setup your OpenVPN VPN connection for Windows 7 you can easily connect to it in just one click. To make it really simple for you we made this easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions with screenshots on how to create VPN connection on Windows 7 using OpenVPN so you need to make each point one after another and look for the screenshot in case you have any doubts. OpenVPN software is a free software which can be used to setup OpenVPN connections on all platforms including the old ones like Windows XP and Windows Vista.
How to create VPN connection on Windows 7 using OpenVPN?
In order to do this you will need, first of all, to study carefully the thorough Windows 7 OpenVPN setup guide which is located above this text. It is a very detailed step by step instruction which will certainly help you setup VPN on Windows 7 with OpenVPN software. Before you start doing anything, make sure that you understand the instructions and to understand that this OpenVPN VPN client for Windows 7 setup tutorial is for people who already have basic knowledge of this operative system and can get around when this kind of procedure is in question. When you have any trouble understanding the setup guide, feel free to contact someone from our staff. If these instructions don’t work for you – please contact support. We are here to help.