Windows 10 PPTP VPN Setup Instructions
How to Setup PPTP VPN on Windows 10
- Click Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen (the one with Windows logo). Go to “Settings“.
- Go to “Network & Internet“.
- Select “VPN” in the menu on the left and Click “Add a VPN connection“.
- For the “VPN Provider” select “Windows (built-in)“. Connection name can be any as you like for example LimeVPN. “Server name or address” is your server address; you can find it in the Network Locations (in the right column on this page). For “VPN type” select “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)“. Fill the “Username” and “Password” fields shared to you by LimevPN to access VPN service. Check “Remember my sign-in info” and click Save button
- You will see the newly created connection. Click on Connect
- After few moments it will connect and show you “Connected” status. You can also check the VPN status in the Network applet (the icon in your system tray at the bottom right)
- To be sure if you are successfully connected please visit limevpn.com in your web browser and check your “IP address” at the top of the page
So, you’re setting up a PPTP VPN connection on your Windows 10 PC
Take an opportunity to use this simple step-by-step guide which is complemented with screenshots and detailed instructions to make your PPTP VPN connection created easily on your Windows 10 PC. Having said that, we suggest you to double check your VPN account payed well and activated. PPTP VPN is a native Windows connection protocol which was implemented long time ago. It is very simply and usually consumes less computing power then the other VPN protocols that is why this protocol is believed to be the fastest. To learn about differences between VPN protocols go to this page.
How to create PPTP VPN connection on Windows 10?
The service that LimeVPN offers is also available for this version of Windows as well. Setting up PPTP VPN on Windows 10 is a rather easy task which involves following the instructions above carefully and step-by-step. Read each step carefully and there should be no further complications. In other words, if you want to know how to create PPTP VPN connection on Windows 10, just be patient and the whole procedure will be finished in no more than 10 minutes. In case there are, you can feel free to contact someone from our staff who will help you in setting up PPTP VPN on Windows 10. In case your Windows 10 PPTP VPN connection still doesn’t work you can always try to contact our support service.