How to Setup OpenVPN on Windows 10
How to Setup OpenVPN on Windows 10 – step-by-step guie
- To download the OpenVPN Windows 10 software installer, visit the Open VPN downloads page
- Click Run to run the installer
- You may encounter a security prompt: “Do you want to run or save this file?” Click Run to run the software.
- You may encounter a User Account Control prompt: “A program needs your permission to continue“. Click Continue.
- The Setup Wizard prompt will appear. Click Next to continue
- The OpenVPN license agreement and terms appear. Click I Agree to continue.
- The component selection dialog appears. Leave all components checked with their default settings and click Next
- Select your destination folder and click Install
Note the Destination Folder location during install (usually C:\Program Files\OpenVPN)
- When the installation is complete, click on Next
- The wizard will notify you of the completion of the installation and prompt you to click Finish
- Download and Extract configuration file (ZIP):
Extract the files into the config folder in the OpenVPN destination folder referenced in step 6. By default, it will be C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config.