How to setup L2TP VPN on Windows 10- a step by step Guide ?
Click on Start and then Settings.
Click on Network and Internet
Click on VPN and then Add a VPN connection
Fill the details as below:
- Connection name: A name of your choice
- Server address: Refer http://network.limevpn.com/ for live status of servers
- VPN Type: Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec pre-shared key
- Pre-shared Key: private
NOTE: If you are using a dedicated IP (LimeVPN Pro), then thePre-shared key will be limevpn
- Type of sign-in info: Username and password
- Username (optional): LimeVPN Username
- Password (optional): LimeVPN Password
Then click on Save and go to VPN and click on saved VPN connection>connect
NOTE: In case you get an error message while trying to connect, follow the below steps:
- Go to Control panel and option “Network and Sharing Center”
- Click on “Change adapter settings”
- Right-click on the new VPN connection created and select “Properties”
- Under Security, click on “Allow these protocols” and check Microsoft CHAP Version 2
- The connection should work fine after saving these changes.