How to setup VPN on LINKSYS EA4500 router
How to configure VPN client on LINKSYS EA4500 router.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that the latest firmware is installed on your Linsys router and your Linsys router is configurable from Cisco Connect Cloud
- Login to your Cisco Connect Cloud.
- Click on Connectivity
- Choose Internet Settings – IPv4 and then click Edit.
- As a Connection Type choose PPTP.
- Fill the connection settings as you can see on the screenshot below and click Apply. The Server IPv4 address is an IP address of the VPN server you want connect to.(!) You need to contact support in order to get the VPN servers’ IP addresses that work best for you.
- Choose Local Network settings and set the DNS servers to the Google Public DNS:
- Sometimes you might receive this message (“Internet connection is down“) after some changes. Just enter you router password and continue to work with the router configuration.
How to use VPN on LINKSYS EA4500 router?
If you want to know how to setup VPN on LINKSYS EA4500 router, you should read carefully the step-by-step instructions provided above and see if you can apply those instructions for you. As a matter of fact, setting up VPN on LINKSYS EA4500 router is a very simple task and does not require more than 10 minutes to complete. The only inconvenience would be that you need to request support for VPN server IP address. After you’ve got VPN server IP you need simply to make each point of these instructions done one by one. Out of all VPN setup guides for LINKSYS EA4500 router, this one is the simplest and the easiest to understand. If you have trouble understanding this VPN setup tutorial for LINKSYS EA4500 routers, you should consider contacting our staff to help you out with router VPN setup. We provide one on one remote setup sessions for each client so all that you need is just ask for help. In case you seek for another router model setup instructions, then check this page here.