Setting up VPN on Mac OS X – L2TP VPN Setup Instructions
How to setup L2TP VPN on Mac OS X
- Click the Apple, then open System Preferences
- Click Network under Internet & Wireless
- Click on the + sign
- Select VPN for the Interface, L2TP for the VPN Type, and enter LimeVPN L2TP for Service Name. Click Create
- In the Server Address field, enter any one of the server mentioned under http://network.limevpn.com/
- Click Authentication Settings
- Enter your LimeVPN Password in the Password field
- Under Machine Authentication, click the radio button for Shared Secret and enter LimeVPN share key: private
- Click Advanced, check Send all traffic over VPN connection, then click OK
- Click Connect to your new VPN connection
- To disconnect click on Disconnect
How to configure native L2TP VPN connection on Mac OS X?
Simply follow these step-by-step instructions with screenshots and create L2TP VPN connection on your Mac in only 5 minutes. You need to get each point of this Mac OS X L2TP VPN setup tutorial done one after another and check screenshots section in case something is not clear in the descriptions. It may seem complex although it is really simple when you have detailed step-by-step setup guide. Configure your Mac OS X native L2TP VPN connection once and then use it every time you need it connecting to VPN in just one click. Basically you can use this How to setup L2TP VPN tutorial configuring L2TP connection on any Mac OSX system and using any VPN service provider. In such case you’ll need to have these pieces of information from your VPN provider: VPN servers’ address, VPN shared key and VPN account’s authentication data (Login \ password). L2TP/IPsec protocol is a universal multipurpose solution that works for all devices and platforms. You can use it both for Mac and for iOS devices to configure native VPN connection on iPad or iPhone.
How to create L2TP VPN on Mac OS X
In order to create L2TP VPN connection for MacOS X, you will need to take a careful look at the instructions shown above and examine each step carefully before beginning the setup. Setting up L2TP VPN on Mac is really easy and it will not take more than 10 minutes of your time. In order to setup L2TP/IP sec connection in Max OS X, you will need to click Apple and then open System Preferences. After that, you should proceed as shown in the step two. The whole tutorial on how to setup L2TP VPN on Max OS X will not be a problem for you if you have the basic knowledge of this OS and if the problem arises, make sure to contact someone from our staff to help you out with it. In case this Mac OS X L2TP VPN setup guide doesn’t work for you – contact support. LimeVPN as the best VPN service for the low price provides its customers remote one-by-one VPN setup sessions, if you need one – just send us a request.