How to setup L2TP/IP Sec VPN on Asus routers
How to setup L2TP VPN in ASUS DLS AC68U Router
The first step that should be done in order to start ASUS DLSAC68U Router Setup is to access the control panel of the router. You can do that by typing the following IP address in your browser – http://192.168.1.1 Asus should have provided the username and password for accessing the control panel in the manual or on the back of the router.
To make everything prepared for installing a VPN, you must, first of all, go to the WAN tab which is located in the menu to the left. Afterwards, click to the Internet connection button which is located on the upper menu. You will be shown an option to modify settings of DNS. The steps below show you how and what to edit.
- Select „Automatic IP“ for Wan Connection Type.
- The options for WAN, NAT and UPnP should be enabled
- Check “No“ for connecting to DNS Server automatically
- DNS Server1: 126.96.36.199
- DNS Server2: 188.8.131.52
- Select „Aggressive Mode“ on DHCP query frequency
- Double-check to make sure that all the ASUS DLS AC68U Router settings changed above are correct.
The next step in setting up L2TP VPN on ASUS DLS AC68U Router involves choosing the tab VPN which is also located in the menu on the left. Afterwards, you should click the VPN Client option in the top menu and then click „Add a profile“ option that will be displayed.
Clicking that will result in a new window where you need to edit setting fields, thus creating a VPN network profile. Follow the next steps.
- From the window on top choose L2TP as an option.
- You can basically type anything in the Description box. A suggestion would be – LimeVPN.
- In the VPN Server, enter – us.limevpn.com
- Type your LimeVPN username in the Username field.
- Type your LimeVPN password in the Password field.
- If the auto-reconnection option is available choose „Yes“.
- Click OK
With this, you successfully managed to setup VPN on ASUS DLS AC68U Router.