How To Delete Your YouTube History?
Apart from collecting a lot of data on you, did you also know that Google keeps a record of every YouTube video you watch or search? It’s useful as they use this to recommend similar videos to you for improved user experience, as they create a profile on you. letting this continue means you would keep giving them a lot of data with which to create a good profile about you. except your privacy means nothing to you, you would need to learn how to delete YouTube history.
Table of Contents
How To Delete Your YouTube Watch History?
1 . Go to YouTube’s website and click on the menu icon. You will find this at the top left corner of the screen. After this, click on History.
2. From here you will see every video you have watched on YouTube. You can choose to delete each video individually by clicking on the X that’s next to the video. If you want to completely delete your history, click on ‘Clear All Watch History’ from the menu located on the right-hand side.
3. If you want to pause your watch history and prevent any further logs of the videos you watch, click on ‘Pause Watch History’ at the right-hand side.
How to Delete Your YouTube Search History?
1 . Visit YouTube and click on the Menu icon located at the top left-hand corner of the screen. Then select History.
2. From Menu, select Search History on the right side. Doing this will display all search keywords you have typed into YouTube.
3. You can choose to delete specific searches by selecting ‘X’ next to the keyword. You can also delete your entire search history by clicking on ‘Clear All Search History’ located at the top right hand from the menu.
4. If you want to pause YouTube from storing your search history, then click on ‘Pause Search History’ from the top right-hand menu.
Interesting Read: Learn To Unblock YouTube With VPN
How to Delete Your Comments On YouTube?
1 . Visit YouTube and click on the menu icon at the top left-hand corner of your screen. Then click on ’History’
2. From the resulting menu at the right-hand side, click on ‘Comments’. Doing this will display every comment you have ever made on YouTube.
3. To delete any comment, hover over it and click on the three-dot menu icon that would appear. Select ‘Delete’.
Using Your Phone To Delete Your YouTube History?
If you use your phone a lot to watch videos on YouTube, you can act by deleting YouTube history amongst others on your phone as well. Most times you would be required to log into your google account to use some of YouTube’s features and if you are logged in, your search and watch history would be saved online. To prevent this from happening further, you will need to use YouTube’s incognito mode.
1. Launch your YouTube app and tap on your profile icon located at the top right-hand corner of your screen
2. Tap on ‘Turn on incognito’. You can switch it back off at any time you like by going back to account settings.
How to Delete Your Data Automatically?
From the ‘My Activity’ page, you can change your settings so that Google can delete your watch and search history automatically for you, regularly. It’s not too flexible however as google will only offer you either of these options; to delete data automatically after 3 months or after 18 months. The following steps will allow you to activate automatic data deletion:
1 . Visit YouTube and click on the menu icon at the top left corner of your screen. Then select ‘History’.
2. Click on ‘Manage All Activity’ from the right-hand side menu and it will launch you to Google’s My Activity page.
3. Select ‘Choose to delete automatically’
4. Then choose the frequency of data deletion from amongst the options that would be offered to you. if you have data that is older than your selected timeline, google will prompt you to delete such a set of data.
Interesting Read : How to watch blocked videos on YouTube
Internet privacy is a serious business as it ensures your security and saves you from the prying eyes of malicious third parties. If your activity is logged on a server, it could be requested by the government or shared with any other corporate body. Imagine someone else going through all your searches. Besides that, this data can be used to create a profile on you, and know what your preferences are. While this isn’t mostly for malicious reasons, this data is shared with advertising companies so they can send personalized ads your way. So you must learn how to delete your YouTube history to retain your privacy.
Another means of ensuring you have internet privacy and security is by using a VPN whenever you access the internet. A VPN is like a tunnel that channels your request through itself for modification before it gets to its destination. This modification includes encryption and also makes you anonymous by changing IP addresses. With a LimeVPN, you will get internet privacy and security so your data is safe.