Windows XP SoftEther VPN Setup Instructions
How to setup SoftEther VPN on Windows XP
- Download SoftEther VPN client for Windows XP
- Start Installation
- Click Next in the Setup wizard
- Choose SoftEther VPN Client and click Next
- Check I agree to the end user License Agreement box and click Next
- On the Important notice screen click Next
- Choose the directory to install the software and click Next
- Click Next. The installation process will start
- Setup is in progress
- After the installation process is finished click Finish
- Launch the SoftEther VPN Client and click Add VPN connection
- A message box will appear asking if you want to create a Virtual Network Adapter. Click Yes
- In the New VPN Connection Setting Properties window enter the following information:
- Setting Name type: UK (or any other name you want)
- Host Name: Enter any one of the server mentioned under http://network.limevpn.com/
- Port Number: 443
- Virtual Hub Name: Select VPN from drop down menu
- Auth Type: select Radius or NT Domain Authentication.
- Username: LimeVPN username
- Password: LimeVPN password
- Click OK to create a VPN connection
How to Connect to SoftEther VPN on Windows XP
- To connect to VPN right click on your VPN connection and click Connect
- To disconnect from VPN right click on your VPN connection and click Disconnect
How to configure SoftEther VPN client for Windows XP?
If you want to setup SoftEther VPN for Windows XP, you will have to take a look at the instructions above and read the before proceeding to the setup itself. In other words, make sure to understand how to create SoftEther VPN connection in Windows XP by examining each step carefully and thinking through before proceeding to the installation process. If you have the basic knowledge of Windows XP, this should not represent a problem for you. However, if you have trouble understanding the instructions, make sure to contact someone from our staff who will help you out with the setup.
In case when you don’t need to use specifically SoftEther protocol you can always use our own easy-to-use VPN software.