Windows 8 SoftEther VPN Setup Instructions
How to Configure SoftEther VPN on Windows 8
- Download SoftEther VPN client for Windows 8
- Start Installation
- Click Next in the Setup wizard
- Choose SoftEther VPN Client and click Next
- Check I agree to the end user License Agreement box and click Next
- On the Important notice screen click Next
- Choose the directory to install the software and click Next
- Click Next. The installation process will start
- Setup is in progress
- After the installation process is finished click Finish
- Launch the SoftEther VPN Client and click Add VPN connection
- A message box will appear asking if you want to create a Virtual Network Adapter. Click Yes
- In the New VPN Connection Setting Properties window enter the following information:
- Setting Name type: UK (or any other name you want)
- Host Name: Enter any one of the server mentioned under http://network.limevpn.com/
- Port Number: 443
- Virtual Hub Name: Select VPN from drop down menu
- Auth Type: select Radius or NT Domain Authentication.
- Username: LimeVPN username
- Password: LimeVPN password
- Click OK to create a VPN connection
How to Connect to SoftEther VPN
- To connect to VPN right click on your VPN connection and click Connect
- To disconnect from VPN right click on your VPN connection and click Disconnect
How to setup SoftEther VPN connection on Windows 8?
The Windows 8 is the tricky one among all Windows platforms and if you want to setup SoftEther VPN for Windows 8, you will have to read carefully the instructions above and make sure that you understand them. This means that each step that you go through should be helpful to you and should guide you through the sole process of setting up the VPN. If you still have trouble and cannot grasp how to create SoftEther VPN connection in Windows 8, you should consider consulting someone in our team to help you out. The whole process should not take more than 10 minutes and after that you can use our VPN services.
In order to use another VPN protocols we suggest you to set up easy-to-use free VPN client from LimeVPN.