Mac OS X OpenVPN Setup Instructions
How to configure OpenVPN on Mac OS X using Tunnelblick
- Download Tunnelblick
- Install Tunnelblick
To begin installation, navigate to your Downloads folder and double click the Tunnelblick disc image (DMG) file you just downloaded.
- Double-click on the Tunnelblick icon
- Confirm opening
A new dialogue box appears: “Tunnelblick is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” Click Open.
- An administrator username and password will be required so Tunnelblick can be secured
- Launch the application
A dialogue box will appear: “Installation succeeded. Tunnelblick was successfully installed. Do you wish to launch Tunnelblick now?” Click on Launch.
- In new dialogue box. Click on I have configuration files. You can download OpenVPN configuration files here.
- Choose configuration type
In new dialogue box Which Type of Configuration Do You Have. Click on Tunnelblick VPN Configuration(s)
- Click Done
- Double-click the Tunnelblick configuration folder (with .tblk files) in your Downloads folder
- Select the server
Select the server you want to install config for, and double-click on it. Select for which user(s) you want to installation to be active (recommended Only me), (an administrator username and password will be required to install files).
- Enter your system administrator password to fix permissions for the configuration files. If so, enter your system username and password
- Click OK
- Click on the Tunnelblick icon to bring down the dropdown menu and click on Connect Server, (“selected server-from the list of servers”)
- You may be asked for your VPN login and password. Enter your LimeVPN login (e-mail address) and password. Click the box next to Save in Keychain to save the username and password for future connections. Click OK
- Once connected to VPN, the Tunnelblick icon will change from a dark tunnel to a lit tunnel
To disconnect click on the Disconnect button.
Setting up VPN connection on Mac OS X with OpenVPN protocol using Tunnelblick app
Simply follow these easy-to-use instructions one by one and they’ll guide you through Mac OS X OpenVPN setup process smoothly. In case you have any doubts – just look into screenshots to clarify the configuration step that caused difficulties. Simply put, you need to download Tunnelblick app and install it on your Mac then you need to download OpenVPN configuration files from your VPN provider, you can find LimeVPN OpenVPN configuration files download link at the top right of this page. Then you need to launch the app and configure OpenVPN with these configuration files. After you’ve done with configuration enter your VPN account Login\password and connect to the VPN. You can use OpenVPN app to create VPN connection on your iPhone and iPad as well
How to make VPN connection on Mac OS with OpenVPN?
Mac is a platform which is a bit different from Windows and in order to create VPN connection on Mac using OpenVPN client you will need to take extra effort to use Tunnelblick anplication instead of native OpenVPN app. Then it comes to studying and understanding the step – by – step guide that is shown above. In other words, Mac OS X setup guide for OpenVPN will help you solve all the problems that you may encounter while trying to make your VPN connection work. It is not an easy task but anyone who used Mac OS X before will be able to understand the procedure and make the necessary preparations in order to make his VPN work on his Mac.In case you couldn’t make it work please contact support and we provide you with one-to-one remote setup assistance.