Asus Router VPN Setup Instructions (PPTP)
How to setup VPN on Asus router (PPTP)
Note: This tutorial is created using an ASUS RT-N66U model. The other ASUS routers settings may vary. In case you have a different router model, consider this tutorial as a reference for your Asus router VPN client setup. Contact us if you cannot setup your router we are here to help you.
- Connect to your Asus router. For that you have to put in your browser the following address: http://192.168.1.1. Also you have to set your network connection to obtain IP address automatically if you connect to your router via Ethernet.
- Click on “VPN” button in the “Advanced Settings” box.
- Click on “VPN Client” tab.
- Click on “Add profile” button from the “VPN Client” tab and here we are making Asus router VPN client setup.
- Leave the “PPTP” option selected and fill in the settings for your VPN connection:
- Description: Name your connection
- VPN Server: Enter here the IP address of the VPN server you want to connect to. You can find all the available servers in the Network Locations block at the right column on this page.
- User Name: Your LimeVPN Username (see it in your activation e-mail)
- Password: Your LimeVPN password
- Auto-reconnection: Yes
- PPTP Options: MPPE 128
- Click on “OK” button.
- Click on “Activate” button.
- Wait until the connection is activated, you are connected to VPN.
- Your Asus router VPN client setup is over.
So, how to create VPN connection on an Asus router?
Simply follow this easy-to-use step-by-step guide with screenshots and get your Asus router connected to a VPN in 5 minutes. You can use these instructions as a tutorial to setup a VPN connection on any Asus router using PPTP protocol. Don’t forget to check your VPN account activation e-mail to get your VPN password/login ready for Asus VPN client setup. If you have any difficulties – contact support. LimeVPN as one of the best VPN providers helps its customers to make VPN setup on their routers an easy thing to do providing one-to-one remote support. Don’t hesitate to contact us via support page.
How to setup VPN on Asus router?
Setting up a VPN on Asus router is an easy task which can be done in only a couple of minutes if you stick to the step – by – step instructions provided above. Although they may seem complicated and a bit confusing at first, rest assured that once you go through them thoroughly it will not be a problem for you to configure PPTP VPN on Asus router. You can visit this page to find more tutorials on how to setup VPN on routers. If there are certain problems and you find it difficult to create PPTP VPN connection on Asus Router, make sure to contact our support which will help you in this operation.